The Church is dedicated to St Teresa of Lisieux, perhaps better known as St Therese. We don't know, and have never been able to find out how it came about that the "h" was dropped from her name when it was given to the church!
Therese was a young French Carmelite nun who dies at the age of just 24, but whose "Little Way" to God made such an impact on the world that she was chosen to be Patroness of the Missions and, in more recent times, was declared a Doctor of the Church
On the feast of the Ascension, 1st June 2000, the Christian churches of Possilpark marked the new Millenium by entering into a Covenant Agreement by which we committed ourselves to:
- Work together with the people of Possilpark for the good of the whole community.
- Share with all our people the affirming and forgiving love of God in Christ.
- Live humbly together in the light of the word of God and make visible the unity of our faith in worship and service.
With that ideal before us, we committed ourself to:
- Appreciate the diversity and richness of our different Christian traditions, learn from one another, and share these gifts.
- Support, encourage and pray for one another.
- Build up our common life by praying, learning and studying together.
- Share as far as possible our whole mission and ministry in Possilpark.
All of us trasure this covenant and work hard to promote it in our various churches.